GET TO KNOW ME

WHAT IS THIS POST?
I didn’t think about this blog getting really deep into my personal life, as I mostly like to give advice - as my boyfriend likes to put it: I’m arrogant - or post about style, beauty and food (because food). At the same time, I don’t want this place to become too sterile, and I wanted to make some ground for getting to know each other, so I thought about fore running some basic questions about me by interviewing myself in this post (pretty sad).

WHO ARE YOU?
My name is actually not Anna, and has in fact nothing to do with it. It’s kind of (the latest variation) of my internet persona, since I wrote web pages about anime and lolita fashion, when I was around 12, using this alter ego, and I got comfortable with it. The thing I’m not comfortable yet with is to let people in my surrounding know about my blog at this stage, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea, if they didn’t directly come across my name, if somehow they got to this part of the internet.

HOW OLD ARE YOU AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
I’m currently 19, my birthday is in May, and if you’re interested, I’m a Taurus, and I live in the suburbs of Budapest, Hungary, currently with my parents. I’m an only child, but I have a cat called Maes (pronounced more like „Miles”, because why not).

YOU'RE BORING, TELL ME MORE ABOUT MAES
Maes is named after Maes Hughs from Fullmetal Alchemist, and she’s supposed to be a ragdoll cat, but doesn’t actually have a certification. She likes to act like the family's baby, even though she’s a mother of nine, but I suppose that's natural considering she's a cat. My mother is pretty much obsessed with her - which is fine, since she’s the one to take care of her „digestive needs”-, but Maes is more into my father. At the moment, our public relationship is budding, since she only seems to be interested in me when nobody's around. I'm her slut, really.

WHAT DO YOU STUDY?
I go to a private Jewish school, although I’m home-schooled at the moment due to mental health issues and insomnia as a symptom. I was at the end of my third year when the crack came in April 2015, and I'm pretty much MIA since then. I also lost most of my connection with people through the past year, and it was mostly spent feeling like I had to run after my friends and classmates. Anyway, I like to think I'm over that, and at the moment I’m in the process of finishing my last year of school. I’ll probably go to university in the UK, and study (evolutionary) biology. I’m also interested in subjects like philosophy, literature, psychology and astrophysics (all the useful stuff) so I’ll probably follow up with something along those lines, after I get a real job. I’d like to do research, write and maybe teach too, in the future.

WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH THIS BLOG?
As I mentioned it in my previous answer, I lost basically every form of social interaction I had in my life, and I spent most of my time last year trying to fall asleep or reading fashion blogs, because I was too tired to do anything else. So I thought writing a blog about some lighter topics and interests of mine would be a good start to get a bit more productive and communicate with people without the huge amount of anxiety I’d feel in real life. That’s also something that I can do from home, even when I'm feeling down, and for some time at least, I'll probably be writing it basically for myself, anyway. If I don’t feel like getting really deep into some philosophical topics, I can still get away with posting outfit photos or wishlists, but it’s also a good motivation to get creative and to take care of myself.

So that’s it for this time. If you’re still interested in any aspect of my life, feel free to ask anywhere in the comment section, and maybe I’ll round up some of the questions in another Q&A type post later on.